Published on Oct 11, 2021
8 Best Apps for Parents to Monitor Kids’ iPhone
In this age of modernized technology, you use digital devices for everything. Children these days get their phones from the age of 2, and most of them stick to the screen from when they wake up until they go to bed.
Tweens and teens are mostly into using devices, and they are more into using advanced devices. Many tweens and teens prefer iPhone over Android, maybe because of its brand name or unique features. Kids use phones mostly for gaming purposes and for using social media.
How often do your kids use their iPhones? You might get upset with your kids due to their mobile usage habits. No matter how hard you try, you may fail to limit your kid’s device usage habit. Many parents even wonder what their kids use on their phones.
Parental control apps and device monitoring apps are solutions to remotely monitor over usage of iPhones by kids.
8 Best Apps for Monitoring Kid’s iPhone
You, as a parent, must be upset about your children’s mobile usage habits. Many parents try to make rules for mobile usage habits, but most of the time, they fail. Hence, many parents are using monitoring apps for their iPhone:
This app has been an almost trustworthy app when it comes to monitoring children’s devices. fenced.ai is a parental control app for android and ios that is used for monitoring your child’s device. This app keeps track of your kids’ calls and SMS and allows you to view their call logs and read SMS remotely.
My favorite feature about this app is it’s an alert feature that notifies you if your kids try to uninstall the app. Apart from that, you can track where your kids are at the moment using its geofencing feature. fenced.ai also shows you apps that your kids use the most; you can view the screen time of all the apps.
The app is suitable not for parents but also for schools and businesses. To use this app, you need to down and install the app.
Features of fenced.ai
- Monitors your kid’s photo that your kids have saved on their device.
- Shows your kid’s device location history.
- Keeps track of your kid’s social media activities.
- Shows your kid’s browsers activities.
- Send you an alert when your kids’ change their wifi.
Pricing of fenced.ai
Here is the price plan for fenced.ai:
Free: It is free of cost.
Basic: It costs $5.83 per month.
Premium: It costs $8.33 per month.
Another monitoring app that we have is Bark, which ensures your kid’s digital safety. This app monitors the social media activities of your kids and keeps track of conversations that happens on your kid’s social media. It monitors more than 30+ apps, including Facebook, Youtube, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. This app also detects online predators, cyberbullies, adults, and so on.
Bark also sends you an alert if the app detects any dangers. You can get alerts in your email and text messages. It manages your kid’s screen time and helps you to limit their screen time. You can view all the activities of your kids in a single dashboard. I love bark because it allows you to manage their internet access time and the websites they visit. You can get the app in both google play store as well as the app store.
Features of Bark
- Monitor your kid’s social media activities.
- Detects potential dangers and sends you an alert.
- Tracks your kid’s location and keeps you update about your kid’s whereabouts.
- Filter websites that your kids can visit.
- Allow you to view your kid’s activities on a single dashboard.
Pricing of Bark
Bark offers two price plans, which are mentioned below:
- Bark Premium: It costs $14 per month.
- Bark Jr: It costs $5 per month.
Qustodio is a parental control app that helps you to protect your kids from online dangers. This app helps you manage and balance your kid’s screen time using a single dashboard. Content filtering is available in the Qustodio parental control app, which helps you filter unwanted websites from your child’s device, ensuring your kids will not visit any inappropriate websites.
You can even set time limits for device usage for your kids and maintain their healthy digital habits. The app allows you to set a time limit as short or long as you want. From the dashboard of the app, you can view your kid’s activities in real-time. You can see the app that your kids use the most, their total screen time, their browsing history, and so on. The app is available on both android and ios.
Features of Qustodio
- Sends you the report of your kids’ online activities.
- Keeps track of your kid’s incoming and outgoing calls and SMS.
- With the location tracking feature, you can view your kid’s location history.
- The social media monitoring feature will help you to monitor your kid’s social media activities.
- Block apps and gaming sites with the help of games and app blocking features.
Pricing of Qustodio
Qustodio offers three price plans, which are:
- Small: It costs you $4.58 per month.
- Medium: It costs $8.08 per month.
- Large: It costs $11.5 per month.
Another iPhone monitoring app is Norton Family, which provides most of the features you search for in the parental control app. This app will keep your kids safe from online distractions. Norton family aims to maintain safe online habits among your little one.
Notron family helps you to track your kid’s location history through its location supervision feature. This is the best app to block unsuitable content on the internet and allow your kids to surf the internet freely.
The best thing about the Norton family is that it provides you 30-days of the free trial period. Moreover, no financial commitment is required; all you need to do is create a Norton Family account and customize your setting. However, the app does not provide the geofencing feature.
Features of Norton Family
- Allow you to set a screen time limit.
- Shows you your kid’s search history based on the keyboard they use.
- Sends you an email report of your kid’s device activity.
- Provides a web-filtering feature that filters inappropriate content from the web.
- Monitor your kids’ social networking sites.
Pricing of Norton Family
Norton Family has one price plan, which costs $49.99 per year.
Mobicip is a parental control software that helps to limit your kid’s screen time and manage their digital habit. With this app, you can view URLs your kids visited and keywords they use to search content in real-time. You can even supervise videos your kids watch based on the age limit.
Mobicip is not used by parents, but it is also used by schools to monitor their students. My personal favorite feature about Mobicip is its family device managing feature. This app is simple to set up and use. To use this app, all you need to do is scan its QR code and install it on your and your kids’ device. The app is available on both IOS and android devices.
Features of Mobicip
- Keeps your kids safe by tracking your kid’s location.
- Allow you to limit your kid’s screen time by locking and unlocking their devices remotely.
- Helps you to block apps remotely and manage the blocked apps.
- Shows you a report of your kids’ browsing history.
- Allow you to view the report for four weeks.
Pricing of Mobicip
Mobicip offers three price plans, which are:
- Small: It costs $3.99 per month.
- Medium: It costs $4.17 per month.
- X-Large: It costs $8.49 per month.
Mobile Spy is a mobile monitoring app that works perfectly for both android and ios devices. Using a mobile spy, you can view incoming and outgoing text messages and deleted text messages. It also monitors messages from messaging apps. You can also track call logs of your kids’ devices.
The app provides a geofencing feature that sends you a notification if your kids travel places you have restricted. It sends you a notification when your kids call contacts that you have restricted from calling. You can even view your kid’s activities in real-time with a live panel option. This app is available on both Android and IOS devices.
Features of Mobile Spy
- Shows your kid’s web browsing history.
- Allow you to view photos that your kids take on their devices.
- View what your kids type on their devices using custom alerts.
- Provides block apps feature that allows you to block apps.
- View allows your kid’s location in real-time.
Pricing of Mobile Spy
Mobile Spy offers two price plans, which are:
- Basic: It costs $49.97 for 3 months.
- Premium: It costs $64.97 for 3 months.
NetSanity is a parental control that works perfectly on ios and android devices. NetSanity allows you to set bedtime for your device; you can even turn on the safe search feature. The app allows you to disable inappropriate websites, which ensures your kids have a safe browsing experience.
The app allows you to block calls and messages from certain phone numbers. You can even schedule a phone call if your kids have late-night phone call problems. The best part of NetSanity is that allows you to blacklist and whitelist website. You can even hide and unhide websites on your kid’s device using the app. The app provides 24/7customer support which is the plus point of the app.
Features of NetSanity
- Allow you to filter web content based on 40 different categories.
- Blocks incoming and outgoing messages on your kid’s device.
- Helps you to protect multiple devices simultaneously.
- Allow you to disable your kid’s device.
- Send you notifications when your kids install any new app.
Pricing of NetSanity
Here’s are the price plan of NetSanity:
Free: It is free of cost, but it’s only for 14 days.
Premium: It costs $59.95 per year.
Net Nanny is a parental control app that tracks your kid’s device activities. The app is well known for its web filtering feature that blocks all inappropriate websites from your kid’s device. This is the best app to monitor and block harmful content from your kids’ devices.
My personal favorite feature of Net Nanny is it helps you to manage your kid’s screen time remotely. This app provides you with an accurate report of what children do on their devices. The app will send you an email notification about your kid’s activities. It even notifies if your kids visit inappropriate websites or try to unblock the websites you have blocked. Moreover, it even sends you an SMS notification that notifies your kid’s activities.
Features of Net Nanny
- View all the activities of your kid’s device from a single dashboard.
- Helps you to categorize web content and block them accordingly.
- With the screen time management feature, you can balance your child’s screen time.
- The family feed feature shows you a detailed report of the device usage activity of all your family members.
- App blocking feature allows you to block inappropriate apps.
Pricing of Net Nanny
Net nanny offer 3 price plan, which are:
- For 1 Desktop: It costs $39.99 per year.
- For 5 Device: It costs $54.99 per year.
- For 20 Devices: It costs $89.99 per year.
Summing up, you never know what your kids are view on their devices. You can find both desirable and undesirable content on the internet for kids. As a parent, you may not have enough time to be with your kids when using their devices. Hence this is the reason why parental control and monitoring apps are critical for families.
Here, I have mentioned some of my favorite monitoring apps for iPhone. I would love to know your favorite monitoring apps for iPhones. If you are confused about setting parental control on iPhone and iPad, do check our blog.
Jun 30, 2022