Published on Nov 11, 2021
Ways to Screenshot Snapchat Without Them Knowing | 100% Working
Snapchat is a popular social media among teenagers. As per Statista, Snapchat is considered the most important social media for 34% of U.S teenagers. The reason Snapchat is getting popular among teens is because of its disappearing message, snapstreak, and face filter features. Once the message is opened in Snapchat, it disappears.
Sometimes, if you want to screenshot messages or snaps you receive on your Snapchat, the sender will know it. This is the unique feature of Snapchat, and Snapchat lets both receiver and sender know that the one has taken a screenshot.
Sometimes when you take a screenshot to save something important but do not want the second party to know about it, the screenshot might not be effective. However, there are alternatives to screenshot Snapchat without them knowing.
Ways to Screenshot Snapchat Without Them Knowing
We apply one common way to take screenshots of snaps or messages by simply using the common screenshot method. But this method will be known by a second party. Hence, you can use the following method to take screenshots on Snapchat.
1. Use Build-in Screen Recorder Feature
The first and the simplest way to record snaps or text that you receive on Snapchat is by using the built-in screen recorder feature. Most iPhone and Android devices come with a built-in screen recorder feature.
If you are using an iPhone, which is above 6s, you will get a screen recording feature, or if you are an Android user, some android devices provide a screen recorder; you must try it out. With the built-in screen recorder, you can record snaps, videos, texts that you receive on Snapchat. Here's how you can use the screen recorder feature in Android and IOS:
For Android devices, you need to follow the steps given below:
- From the notification panel, swipe to “Quick Setting Panel.”
- Move to the right until you find the “Screen Recorder Icon.”
- Tap on the icon to start recording.
For IOS Device
If you are an IOS device user, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below for screen recording:
- Go to the “Setting.”
- Now select “Control Center” and then “Customize Controls.”
- Select the “Screen Recording” option.
- Now select a small cross to add to the Control Center.
- Now to start recording, click on the circle, and once you are done recording, you will see a red bar on the upper part of the screen and tap on the "End Recording."
You need to keep in mind that if you have updated your Snapchat or are using Snapchat, whose version is 10.7.5, this method will not work.
2. Use Airplane Mode
If you use airplane mode, you can delay notifications on Snapchat. Even though the sender will know about the screenshot, they will know it in the long run. Here is how you can use airplane mode to delay notification:
- First of all, you need to load all the snaps that you have received on your Snapchat.
- Now you have to turn off your mobile data, wi-fi, and Bluetooth. Then, you need to turn on your airplane mode.
- Now you need to open your Snapchat and take a screenshot of any snaps you are planning to take a screenshot of.
- Once you take the screenshot, you need to wait for at least 30 seconds before turning on your internet connection.
3. Use Screen Recorder App
If you do not have a built-in screen recorder, you do not have to worry; you can use other screen recorder apps. There are many third party screen recorder apps compatible with both Android and IOS; you can use such apps to record snaps that you receive on Snapchat. Here's how you can use the method:
- Download and install any screen recording apps you want to download.
- Now open the app and select the options like screen record or take screenshots.
- Open your Snapchat and tap on the app's icon to start recording.
This method is effective for IOS devices, as Snapchat notifies the sender when the user uses the built-in screen recorder feature. Also, Snapchat will not detect all the Screen recording apps. Hence this method will become helpful for you.
4. Use Another Device To Record
This is the easiest way to screenshot Snapchat without them knowing. You can use another phone to record snaps that you have received, and you do not need much technical knowledge to use this method. To use another device, all you need to do is:
- You need a smartphone.
- Open the camera, point towards your phone's ScreenScreen, and start recording whatever is shown on your phone.
And that is it; you will be able to record whatever you want without letting the sender know about it. However, one drawback of this method is you won't record the snaps in high resolution. The recording that you will get will be of low resolution. You can view the recording or saved photos from the gallery.
5. Use Mirror Feature Available in Android
The next recording option that we have is the mirror feature. If you are using an Android device, then this mirroring feature will be effective for you.
Using the mirroring feature, you will cast your device on another external device like on your laptop or TV. Once you can connect your phone with your laptop or TV, you will be able to view all your phone activity on your laptop or TV and take screenshots. To take ScreenScreen using the mirror feature, you need to:
- Connect your device with the built-in ScreenScreen Mirroring app.
- Now open Snapchat on your device.
- Use another device to capture your snaps.
The ScreenScreen mirroring feature is extremely useful; however, you will need more than two devices which sometimes might be difficult.
6. Use Google Assistant For Android Device
If you are an android user, you can also use the Google Assistant method as a recording option. Even though many Android devices do not have the Google Assistant feature, you can use it as a screen recorder if you have one. To use Google Assistant for secretly screenshotting Snapchat all you need to follow the following steps:
- Open your Snapchat and the snap you want to record.
- Now press on the home button for a few seconds until the Google Assistant turns on, or you can turn on Google Assistant by saying, "Ok, Google."
- Now ask Google Assistant for taking screenshots either by typing or verbally.
Now you will be able to screenshot Snapchat without them knowing. However, with this method, you cannot save the recording directly into your gallery. Instead, this option allows you to share the captured recording on other platforms. To save the recording, first of all, you need to share the recording on Gmail and then save it on your device.
7. Use QuickTime Screen Capture on Mac
If you are an IOS and Mac user, you can use the QuickTime Screen Capture feature to screenshot Snapchat without them knowing. To screen capture using Mac, you need to follow the steps given below:
- You need to connect your iPhone with your Mac.
- Now open your “QuickTime player.”
- Open your file and open a new movie recording.
- Now click on the “Record button,” and click on the arrow, and select iPhone.
- Finally, you will be able to see your iPhone screen on your Macbook. From the Macbook screen, you can record the way you like.
To sum up, sometimes you might want to take screenshots of your friend’s snaps without letting them know. Hence you can use the methods that are mentioned above to secretly screenshot Snapchat without them knowing.